Paws For Thought in aid of Wilderness Foundation’s Forever Wild Lion Conservation Initiative.
With almost 60% of lions in South Africa being bred for hunting and the illegal trade in lion products escalating is it possible that the most iconic symbol of Africa is becoming - like the rhinoceros - worth more money dead than alive?
Andrew Muir, Executive Director of the Wilderness Foundation, founded by Dr Ian Player will highlight the plight of the lion and present the Forever Wild Lion Conservation Initiative.
Curated by One&Only Cape Town, the fundraiser evening features a gourmet menu presented by Reuben Riffel paired with fine wines from Kleine Zalze and live entertainment.
Celebrity auctioneer, Ariella Kuper
and master of ceremonies, Aubrey Ngcungama
will lead auction lots including:
• An iconic MccreedyBlue Lion painting, exclusively donated by Conor Mccreedy and P.A.L (Protecting African Lions)
• VIP visit for 15 guests to Warwick hosted by the Wine maker, a tasting of selected rare Wines, lunch and a 5 litre of Warwick Trilogy 2010
• A 5-star break at Abalone House for a party of four including spa treatments, dinner by Reuben and beach picnic
• African Lion sketch by British Royal Painter, Richard Stone
• A luxury break at Oldenburg Homestead including dinner party for 8 guests prepared by Kamini Pather, MasterChef South Africa 2013 winner
• A bespoke Nobu cocktail party for 10 people in the comfort of your own home
• Fine art, by Eugenia Chapman Campbell
• Full day experience for two at One&Only Spa
|Date:||Thursday, 18 September 2014|
ALL PROCEEDS will be donated to the Wilderness Foundation
|Venue:||The Ballroom, One&Only Cape Town |
To book a table for this gala dinner, please contact:
Tel: +27 21 431 4511