One&Only Cape Town honours the endangered rhino with a gala benefit dinner on September 18th
- 100% of the monies raised will be donated to Wilderness Foundation’s Forever Wild Rhino Protection Initiative. Andrew Muir, Executive Director of the Wilderness Foundation, will highlight the foundation’s exciting initiatives and programmes. Wilderness Foundation is one of the leading authorities in South African wildlife conservation and has been tackling the issue of rhino poaching since the 1950’s when its founder, Dr Ian Player, initiated Operation Rhino.
Tickets to the Gala Benefit Dinner cost R500
per person including a 3-course gourmet dinner paired with a fine selection of wines from Haute Cabrière.
A host of dignitaries and VIP guests will attend this lavish event, which will include expert speakers and conservationists, live entertainment by Carol Thorns, electric cellist from CODA, a gourmet menu by Executive Chef Roberto de Carvalho and a charity auction, led by specialist auctioneer, Philip Powell.
We invite you to assist us in contributing towards the conservation and protection of rhino in the wild by donating your products for our 2013 fundraiser event.Wilderness Foundation
As one of the oldest wildlife Non Governmental Organisation’s (NGO) in South Africa, the Wilderness Foundation
is a leading South African authority on wildlife conservation education, methodologies and processes.
The organisation was founded more than fifty years ago by internationally renowned conservationist Dr Ian Player, who together with fellow conservationist and Zulu game tracker Magqubu Ntombela helped pioneer the Wilderness Leadership School,
the first organisation in Africa dedicated to providing a pure wilderness experience for people of all backgrounds, races and nationalities. This groundbreaking experiential school spawned a global network of wildlife conservationists from all sectors of life.
The Wilderness Foundation is renowned for its inroads and successes in conservation management and its founder was responsible for reversing the decline of the white rhino in the 1960’s. It is equally celebrated for operating in a wholly transparent manner with detailed audited reports available to benefactors and interested parties and in the past two years alone has helped channel an impressive R8million to areas and anti poaching units in dire need of support. Since Dr Player’s retirement, the organisation has been under the leadership of its executive director Andrew Muir.
In 2011, in response to the rhino crisis, Wilderness Foundation formed the Forever Wild Rhino Protection Initiative,
a programme that focuses on logistical and operational support for conservation and law enforcement agencies responsible for rhino security. Amongst other initiatives, this programme is also active in anti-poaching training, intelligence support, a rhino survivor programme and a tracking device project. Since then, further Forever Wild Programmes have been initiated by the Wilderness Foundation in order to battle against the alarming increase of poaching of other wild animal species.
This clear approach to wildlife conservation and education has led to One&Only Cape Town partnering with Wilderness Foundation in a bid to raise much needed funds in the war against poaching and wildlife destruction.
A luxury auction will be a highlight of the evening with lots such as:
1. 'Karkloof Rhinos' donated by Gordon Clark
framed by Orms Direct
2. 'Ghosts of the Future' by Eugenia Chapman Campbell
3. 1.7 metre x 1 metre handcrafted bespoke beaded rhino
4. Rhino sketch by British Royal Portrait Painter, Richard Stone
5. 4 night stay at Shamwari Game Reserve
in the Eastern Cape
6. Exclusive Nobu Cocktail Party
for 10 guests in the comfort of your own home
7. An all-inclusive weekend
getaway in the Table Mountain Suite at One&Only Cape Town
8. Full day experience for two at One&Only SpaAuction items do not have a reserveClick here to view the Rhino Gala Benefit Dinner Menu
To book a table for this gala dinner, please contact:
Tel: +27 21 431 4511
Email: Restaurant.Reservations@oneandonlycapetown.comView our Sponsors below: