Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller and will take the full responsibility of Accounts Receivable in addition to collecting all outstanding dues of the company. To enforce and ensure that all Finance objectives and policies are followed and achieved.
• Prepare Tour Operator, Travel Agent and individual’s invoices according to arrival and send invoices to concerned parties on a daily basis.
• Ensure that all transfers to City Ledger by the Income Auditor do agree with the control account.
• Ensure those room rates charged to Travel Agents are in accordance with the respective contracts.
• Review AR ageing on a weekly basis and call for payment when due.
• Ensure that all Travel Agent commissions are reconciled and paid twice monthly via Pegasus Travel Agents commission payment system. Uploads and payments to be effected in terms of the itinerary issued by Pegasus. (Invoices off the Pegasus system to be given to Cash Book for payment.)
• Ensure that all journal entries relating to Travel Agent commission are posted in PeopleSoft.
• Check all credit card transaction of the day and post the receivables in the system (Both Opera and PeopleSoft) according to the bank statement on a daily basis.
• Prepare staff city ledger account on a monthly basis and submit the detailed deduction list to payroll.
• Attend to all enquiries raised by customers relating to payment terms and requests for special billings promptly, professionally and courteously.
• Obtain bank statements and allocate any deposits and prepayments to relevant AR account or paymaster.
• Summarise deposits into allocated and unallocated and distribute unallocated payments to relevant departments for allocation.
• Any unidentified deposits received and appearing in the bank statement not resolved should be reported to the Assistant Financial Controller/EM Finance within one week of receipt on the bank statement.
• Liaise closely with Front Office, Reservations, Groups and F&B with regards to payments, ensuring that all PM/AR accounts are effectively managed and guests are invoiced accurately.
• Agree city ledger balance per Opera to general ledger account in PeopleSoft on a daily basis.
• Ensure all rebates and adjustments are authorized by EM Finance/Assistant Financial Controller prior to posting.
• Ensure that no cash is handled by the accounts receivable staff - all cash received for payment of invoices must be directed to the General Cashier and have an official receipt issued.
• Previous experience of revenue management strongly preferred.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Strong organization, communication, and people skills required.
• Good phone and people skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and usage of the Internet.
• Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment.
• Professional, “get it done”: attitude and work ethic.
• Proficiency in English (spoken and written).