Assistant Banqueting Manager
We are looking for a confident individual who is outgoing and optimistic. They should demonstrate a keen sense of urgency, be comfortable to perform in a high paced environment whilst displaying attention to detail and a high level of diligence.
Responsible for assisting the Banqueting Manager to maintain resort standards, leads, supervises and motivates his/her staff in all aspects of service to the highest professional standards with care and attention to detail and in accordance to the standard operating procedures established by the Food & Beverage Manager. Assists the Manager to manage and organize all aspects of sanitation, maintenance, decoration, work, vacation schedules and adequate stock levels.
Key Duties (not limited to):
• Presents oneself in a way that enhances the guest’s overall experience by adding life and energy to the outlet.
• Ensures that all mise-en place is correctly prepared prior to commencing service.
• Prepares all food and beverage requests within the time parameters, set by the resort and always displays attributes of genuine hospitality.
• Demonstrates excellent product knowledge of all food and beverage items offered at the resort, and other items provided by the outlet.
• Ensures to exceed revenue budgets set by the resort, through up-selling within his/her own outlet, as well as cross-selling other outlets.
• Ensures that the design and layout of the Banqueting areas and equipment is flawless and reflects the image of the resort.
• Ensures that requisitions are placed, according to the outlet’s requirements.
• Ensures that equipment is cleaned, when necessary or according to schedule.
• Maintains and creates a working environment that reflects a sense of place.
• Attends all trainings conducted by the F&B Department and Training Department.
• Generates work schedules for work personnel, according to forecasted demand requirements.
• Handles any guests’ complaint in a professional manner and aims to rectify the issue immediately, following resort’s Policy & Procedure.(service recovery)
• Collects and distributes outlet incentives in an honest and ethical way.
• Attends the F&B briefing and disseminates information to banqueting employees.
• Generates reports for the outlet and ensures that they are delivered to the correct receivers.
• Performs any additional or special duties, as directed by a superior.
• Practices proper telephone etiquette with colleagues and guests.
• Ensures that channels of communication are respected, and information is disseminated to the correct receivers.
• Ensures excellent communication and working relationships with colleagues are maintained, and contributes to the team spirit and moral of the resort.
• Remains updated on all resort happenings, including guests in-house, arrivals and departures, as well as daily events.
• Exhibits outstanding knowledge of the resort.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Luxury 5* environment.
• Diploma or Qualification in Hospitality Management operations.
• Good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. High level of English required both written and verbal.
• Good numeracy skills and experience with departmental financial planning and reporting, cost and stock control.
• The ability to motivate and train others and daily management of a team. LR Skills and experience would be advantageous.