Assistant Banqueting Manager
Needs to be responsible to provide on the floor supervision. To ensure all function set up and services are maintained in a high standard at all times. To co-ordinate with concerned departments for assistance, making the operation running smoothly.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To check daily function sheets and diary for correct listing and last minutes changes.
• To directly supervise on storage handling and inventory of all equipment.
• To directly supervise in physical set up and breakdown of ballroom and function rooms.
• To co-ordinate functions with captain and Banquet Operations Manager.
• To check time cards weekly and prepare staff attendance log book.
• To develop and responsible for on the job training for captains and waiters.
• To greet the guests, go through all the functions in detail with them, advising them on proper timing.
• To issue maintenance order to Engineering department.
• To inspect all banquet areas before off duty, ensuring all banquet equipment and function set up are proper and clean.
• To brief all staff on details of the function. Supervises their performance in a high standard.
• To prepare floor plan and equipment for the function.
• To assign duties of all banquet staff before the function.
• To accomplish any reasonable request that is necessary for an efficient operation.
• To carry out any other duties as and when required by supervisors.
• Handle booking for all helpers and prepare requisition for casual labours.
• Take over duties of Asst Banquet Manager or Captains during their absence.
• Knowledge of food and beverage minimum standards.
• Knowledge of all types of function set up.
• Compiles log book for the manager's approval. Take note of possible comments for rectification.