We are looking for a confident individual who is outgoing and optimistic. They should demonstrate a keen sense of urgency, be comfortable to perform in a high paced environment whilst displaying attention to detail and a high level of diligence.
Plan and manage the Human Resources and operations of the Food and Beverage sections to achieve customer (guest, employees, owners, and brand) satisfaction and quality service while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Position is responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the Food & Beverage operations in the front and back of the house. Develops and recommends the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans. The major areas of responsibility/management include: Kitchen, Restaurants, In-Room Dining, Outlets and Lounge.
Key Duties (not limited to):
• Maintains standards and quality of food and beverage; and guest service.
• Participates in the preparation of the annual hotel budget and achieves budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the food and beverage department.
• Contributes to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
• Implements and maintains local and national sales/marketing programs.
• Develops short term and long term financial and operational plans for the food and beverage department which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
• Increases level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through colleague development, job engineering and quality image.
• Manages in compliance with established company policies and procedures, maintains procedures for security of monies and maintains procedures for security of monies.
• Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions and maintains inventory control procedures.
• Receives departmental relates guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
• Manage the Human Resources within the division. Direct and oversee recruitment and development of employees; hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews, resolve conflict through fair treatment policy, discipline and terminate as appropriate.
• Develop, recommend, implement, and manage the division’s annual budget, business/marketing plan forecasts and objectives to meet/exceed management expectations.
• Implement and manage all company programs to ensure compliance with the SOP’s and LSOP’s; to include safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest.
• Market the Food and Beverage outlets; develop and manage the implementation of menus, package deals, promotions, displays, decorations, and presentations within corporate guidelines to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market to meet/exceed sales and financial goals and objectives.
• Manage the maintenance/sanitation of the Food and Beverage areas and equipment in the hotel to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
• Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
• A three-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
• Four to five years of employment in a related position in a luxury hotel or resort.
• Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession. This includes the knowledge required for management of people, complex problems and food and beverage management.
• Ability to study, analyze, and interpret complex activities.
• Must possess highly developed communication skills to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guests, and /or corporate clients.
• Highly organized and able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.