Food and Beverage, Assistant Manager
We are looking for a confident individual who is outgoing and optimistic. They should demonstrate a keen sense of urgency, be comfortable to perform in a high paced environment whilst displaying attention to detail and a high level of diligence. Plan and manage the Human Resources and operations of the Food and Beverage sections to achieve customer (guest, employees, owners, and brand) satisfaction and quality service while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
Key Duties (not limited to):
· Monitor and maintain all selling prices throughout the F&B Department.
· Ensure that all Food & Beverage stock takes are done bi-monthly.
· Where necessary implement action plans for areas that show stock shortages.
· Coordination of accurate and procedural Service Charge distributions as per agreed Policy and Procedure.
· Continually monitor and update Monthly Forecasts (PIM) to ensure maximum profitability.
· Assist in checking costing and monitoring Cost Control for the entire Food & Beverage Department.
· Quarterly Market Related Pricing research and recommendations.
· Maximizing Food & Beverage Profitability in the outlet.
· Co-ordinate the appointment, development and appraisal of all Food & Beverage associates.
· Handling of Individual Disciplinary Hearing and Grievances.
· Ensure each service period achieves 95% result upon Mystery Guest Audit.
· In conjunction with Executive Chef and Chief Steward, ensure hygiene standards are maintained.
· Co-ordinate overall planning of Food Production.
· Identify Training Needs.
· Control Operating Equipment relating to F&B operations.
· Ensure that Health and Safety Rules and Regulations are adhered to based on minimum requirements as law determines. · To assist with all Human Resources related functions, which include Industrial Relations and Training.
· Handling of Individual Disciplinary Hearings and Grievances.
· Continuously monitor that disciplinary and grievance action are consistently applied through all F&B Departments.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements:
· A 3 year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
· 4 to 5 years of employment in a related position in a luxury hotel or resort.
· Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession. This includes the knowledge required for management of people, complex problems and food & beverage management.
· Ability to study, analyze, and interpret complex activities.
· Must possess highly developed communication skills to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guests, and/or corporate clients.
· Highly organized and able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.