Assistant Maintenance Manager
We are looking for a dedicated, dependable and detail orientated Assistant Maintenance Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Maintenance Department, providing ongoing technical support, guidance and training to the team.
The successful candidate must be qualified and able to demonstrate extensive proven experience in the Electrical Maintenance discipline within a hospitality environment. Previous exposure and a basic understanding of central airconditioning plant and equipment would be a definite advantage. The thorough knowledge and understanding of maintenance services, operations and equipment within a hospitality environment is absolutely essential.
The successful candidate must also have good business sense and ability, be strategic, efficient and well organized, ensuring all procedural documentation is completed timeously, quality standards are adhered to, prescribed procedures are carried out and productivity levels are maintained.
Additional job requirements:
• Minimum 5 years previous experience in managing/supervising a diverse team of people with strong time management skills and as well as self-discipline.
• Ability to accept and carry out directional instructions and multi-tasking with excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess a high level of attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency.
• Availability to work shifts, weekends, public holidays and do call outs when required.
• Knowledge of gas and electrical commercial kitchen equipment.
• Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must be a good communicator, assertive, flexible and responsive with high energy levels.
• Able to carry out daily/weekly/monthly maintenance inspections, and ensure ongoing compliance with the OSHACT, Hygiene Audits and Legionella programme.