Reporting to the EM - Finance, the role will be responsible for the overall procurement of all hotel items consistent with established quality standards and delivery schedules, and related administrative matters, including listing supply needs, sourcing vendors and negotiating for best deals. This role will be responsible for all purchasing, cost control, receiving and stores.
• Plan and manage procurement activities; streamline and implement processes to increase the efficiency of the department.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with all department heads, suppliers/vendors.
• Maintain an efficient and effective base of suppliers and vendors that best supports the departmental and operational requirements of the hotel. Maintain the integrity of such vendors information.
• Monitor and analyse market and price trends and collect latest market and price trend information and relay this information to the departmental heads to ensure better control of product quality and costs.
• Maintain and control costs in conjunction with departmental heads and in line with hotel budget requirements.
• Keep and maintain comprehensive pricing contracts per supplier and vendor for internal audit purposes, as well as any supporting documentation which may be applicable.
Inventory & Cost Control General:
• Authorise and approve all new items codes and maintain the integrity of the item master file. Ensure that all inventory items existing and new have par stock levels.
• Ensure all par stock levels are monitored and maintain.
• Ensure monthly cycle counts are run for all stores and outlets.
• Ensure Cost Control issues valid and up-to-date stock sheets to all outlets for cycle counts and maintains the integrity of all Micros/People Soft mapping.
• Manage the ENT processes as well as the outlet VOIDs.
• Oversee and ensure all receiving processes are in line with the company policy, that prices and quantities and the procedures are adhered to.
Month end procedures:
• Ensures month end close meets deadline set by EAM Finance including cycle counts, stock counts, Micros depletions, inventory value reports, Inventory ageing, reporting on Store variances and all inventory related balance sheet reconciliations for all inventory accounts as well as the received not vouchered account, vouchered not received account and stock in transit accounts.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a business related field would be advantageous.
• Minimum of 2 to 4 years working experience in the similar role, strategic sourcing and contract development.
• Have strong attention to details and quality of work.
• Able to work under pressure and towards deadlines, be able to work as part of a team, and be a self-motivated and approachable and friendly person.
• 5* Luxury Hotel experience would be advantageous.
• An understanding of accounting terms and practices. Above average Excel skills (not less than level 2).
• Must be fluent in verbal and written English.