We are looking for a dynamic, results driven Procurement Manager who has at least 3-4 years previous experience within a 5 star hotel. Excellent service and communication skills are vital. Main duties would include:
• Plan and manage procurement activities; streamline and implement processes to increase the efficiency of the department.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with all department heads, suppliers/vendors.
• Maintain an efficient and effective base of suppliers and vendors that best supports the departmental and operational requirements of the hotel.
• Monitor and analyze market and price trends and collect latest market and price trend information and relay this information to the departmental heads to ensure better control of product quality and costs.
• Maintain and control costs in conjunction with departmental heads and in line with hotel budget requirements.
• Ensure that purchasing clerk maintains the purchasing order workbench on a daily basis.
• Monitor all outstanding purchase orders on a daily basis. Ensure outstanding purchase orders are followed up on and closed on People Soft if required.
• Monitor and ensure that the purchasing manager updates standard prices and vendor prices on a weekly or as required. Advise the relevant departments of price changes as required.
• Required to obtain maximum of three (3) quotes for all new items to be sourced as requested by the relevant Head of Department.
• Keep and maintain comprehensive pricing contracts per supplier and vendor for internal audit purposes, as well as any supporting documentation which may be applicable
Inventory & Cost Control General:
• Ensure that all inventory items existing and new have par stock levels.
• Ensure all par stock levels are monitored and maintain
• Ensure no access to stores is permitted after hours except for emergency requisitions. Emergency requisitions should not be more than 3 (tree) items maximum.
• Ensure store operating hours are adhered to.
• Issue of Cost of Sale report daily before 14h00
• Micros depletion to be run manually daily before 09h00 (the later this process is run the more chance there is for the cost of sales report not to pull through the relevant accounting)
• Ensure monthly cycle counts are run for all stores and outlets. Before cycle counts can be opened ensure the following is done:
• Ensure Cost Control issues valid and up-to-date stock sheets to all outlets for cycle counts
• Ensure ENT’s are processed daily and that the journal is processed weekly (Friday) and given to EAM Finance for signature and posting of journal
• Check all ENT slips/vouchers to ensure that they are correctly authorized and only by staff which have the authority to do so
• Check all VOID Micros transactions daily
• Ensures Cost Control maintains the integrity of all Micros / People Soft mapping
• Ensure all receiving is complete by close of business of the current day.
• Any price and quantity changes must first go to purchasing to be amended before being received into People Soft.
• Ensure each invoice and purchase order matches in product, quantity and monetary value
• Ensure each invoice is stamped and signed as received
• Ensure each invoice is stamped as processed with the date indicated
• Ensure invoices where back orders or returns are clearly marked as such and the back orders are followed up and the credit notes are attached to the relevant invoice
• All RTV (return to vendor) are to be recorded on People Soft
• Ensure receiving bay area is clean and in line with health and safety standards at all times
Month end procedures:
• Ensures month end close meets deadline set by EAM Finance
• All cycle counts for beverage to be completed by 29th monthly
• Food stock counts to be done either close of business on last day or before service on 01st day of the new month
• Provision for slow moving stock journal to be processed as 20% for all values older than 55 days
• Reverse Micros depletion on the 01st month back into the previous month to ensure revenue equals depletion
• Pull inventory value report (INS7000) for the month on the 01st before any receiving or pick plans for the new month are opened. As a precaution run a report before doing Micros completion and one after the Micros depletion is run
• Inventory ageing to be submitted by 03rd monthly to EAM Finance
• Full report of Store variances to be submitted by 03rd monthly to EAM Finance
• All inventory related balance sheet reconciliations for all inventory accounts as well as the received not vouchered account, vouchered not received account and stock in transit accounts are due with supporting documentation by the 15th monthly to the Assistant Financial Controller
• Maintains full confidentiality over Resort Financial information.
• Performs ad hoc duties and/or special projects as designated by the EAM Finance
• Quick and polite response to any enquiries either via telephone or electronic mail.
• Contributes to the morale and team spirit of the resort by maintaining effective relationships with resort colleagues.
• Daily review of the People Soft Daily Error Report
• Reviews and supervises the daily tasks of Purchasing Officers, Receiving Clerk, Store men and the Cost Controller
• Responsible for all shifts, annual leave, sick leave for all areas under your supervision
• Responsible for all staff disciplinary and performance reviews for all areas under your supervision