To assist to lead, manages and organizes all requirements to the highest standards and in accordance to the standard operating procedures as implemented by the Executive Chef. Ensure proper hygiene and sanitation in the work place under his jurisdiction, adequate stocks of food supply, inter–department coordination and training. Carry the full responsibility of the operating equipment including its inventory levels. Assist to manage and maintain the resort food cost at all times.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Ensure that the quality levels of kitchen production and presentation is maintained at its highest level at all times and ensure that the kitchen and working areas are thoroughly clean at all times.
• Ensure that all mise-en place is correctly prepared prior to commencing of service and demonstrate excellent product knowledge of all food and special functions held at the resort.
• Participate in the service of any special functions or events organized by the resort and coordinates functions and activities with the F&B department.
• Establish and maintain smooth work relationships in the kitchen.
• Ensure the outlet food cost is maintained at all times and conduct regular checks on all food products for any expired item and all food products are labeled according to requirement.
• To ensure that equipment is cleaned, when necessary or according to their schedules and supervise the undertaking of physical asset inventories on scheduled month.
• To continuously train and motivate all colleagues to ensure resort standards are maintained and to delegate responsibilities to colleagues and ensure tasks are completed on a timely manner.
• To handle any guest’s complaint in a professional manner, as per resort’s Policy & Procedure (service recovery).
• To perform any additional or special duties, as directed by a superior.
• To maintain the highest level of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
• To practice proper telephone etiquette with colleagues and resort’s guests.
• To attend all training carried out by the Training Department.
• To ensure that all channels of communication are respected and information is disseminated to the correct receivers and ensure excellent communication and working relationships with colleagues are maintained and contribute to the team spirit.
• To ensure that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and report any concerns or faults immediately to the immediate supervisor.
• To remain updated on all resort happenings, including guests in-house, arrivals and departures, as well as daily events.
• To exhibit an outstanding knowledge of One&Only Cape Town and Kerzner as a whole.
• To understand and apply the resort’s Policies & Procedures, including during emergency situations.
• To demonstrate knowledge and interest in goals and objectives of the One&Only Brand.
• To ensure all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters of the South African Law.
Skills, Experience and Educational Qualifications will include:
• Qualification from an accredited Culinary Arts school, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major Institution.
• At Least 5 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area and within a similar 5 * Luxury Brand environment.
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities necessary.
• Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Goal and results oriented.
• Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential.
• An absolute commitment to service excellence and continual learning.