Vista Bar & Lounge Manager
We are looking for a confident individual who is outgoing and optimistic. They should demonstrate a keen sense of urgency, be comfortable to perform in a high paced environment whilst displaying attention to detail and a high level of diligence.
Oversee all operations of the Vista Bar and Lounge Area, including but not limited to the Service of Food and Beverage according to clearly designed menus, hotel standards and service excellence requirements. Management of a team of front line service colleagues with the aim to deliver according to the Core Values and within the boundaries of effective cost control.
Key Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all guests are welcomed and seated and served in a courteous, polite and helpful manner.
- Oversee the daily management of the departmental operation and to efficiently manage the operation of all shifts.
- The duties of a bar manager include making drinks possessing a large knowledge of drink recipes, checking for proper identification, maintaining the appearance and cleanliness issues, handling customer complaints and disturbances, ordering supplies and alcohol and overseeing the working of the bar area.
- Achieve and exceed departmental GSQ scores, COS for Food and Beverage as well as controlling all other operational expenses. Stock takes ordering and re-stocking inventory.
- Promote marketing ideas which will increase profit.
- Administer and action the daily mail, guest report lists, staff roster, holiday forms and other paperwork that is required to ensure accurate notes are kept and are accessible, inclusive of reports on OE, payroll, training and P&L.
- Maintain close working relationships with other key departmental managers such as purchasing, culinary and front office.
- Maintain Health, Safety and Hygiene standards in line with government regulations.
- Be responsible for all departmental training including induction and on the job training of new members of staff and also newly promoted staff.
- Quality control of all Beverage Menus.
- Menu planning and marketing innovation.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a 4/5 star environment.
- Diploma or Qualification in Hospitality Management or Bar operations.
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good numeracy skills and experience with departmental financial planning and reporting, cost & stock control.
- The ability to motivate and train others and daily management of a team.
- LR Skills and experience would be advantageous.
- Ensuring compliance with hygiene and health and safety legislation/guidelines.